Use both sides
Use the front and back of a piece of paper and cut your paper use and costs in half.
- Set computer defaults to print double-sided.
- Make double-sided copies when possible.
- Give it a second chance: Use paper printed on only one side in your fax machine, for draft copies or internal documents, or as scratch paper.
Think before you print or copy
I’m all for going green, but it does feel pointless if it’s only you doing it.
SO I URGE YOU GUYS!!!
1) Recycle plastic, glass, paper, card etc.
2)Take your old clothes to charity shops.
3)Turn off plug sockets when you’re not going to use them.
4) Don’t have lights on during the day.
5) Keep the heating down, if you’re cold snuggle in a jumper.
6) Don’t litter.
7) Have a compost heap.
8) Reuse plastic bags, or get a bag for life.
9) Use public transport, or walk/bike.
10) Shower more often than bath, it uses far less water.
11) Sign environmental/wildlife petitions online.
12) Use energy saving light bulbs.
13) Eat local or sustainable food.
14) Reuse water bottles, don’t buy them.
15) Borrow more from libraries rather than buying.
16) Keep electronics as long as possible.
17) Make your own cleaning supplies, non toxic! Eg lemon, baking soda, vinegar and soap.
18) Use a cool wash for clothes and dishes. Better yet, hand wash dishes.
19) Get a water butt so rainwater can be used in the garden.
20) Get an economy flush, save water.
New video I produced for Michigan State University about the MSU Surplus Store
Great video, Matt. Thanks for visiting!
Many things that used to be shared—from open spaces for recreation to support systems to help a neighbor in need—have been privatized and commodified; they’ve been moved out of the community into the market place. This triggers a downward spiral. Once things become privatized, or un-commoned, we no longer have access to them without paying a fee. We then have to work longer hours to pay for all these things which used to be freely available—everything from safe afterschool recreation for kids to clean water to swim in to someone to talk to when you’re feeling blue. Keep reading.